Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Blood Sugar levels rise even when not giving Insulin?

Blood Sugar levels rise even when not giving Insulin?

If you are insulin dependent like me and you have no insulin in your system, when I don't eat, my sugar levels slowly rise. This is my experience from testing my own sugar levels.

A couple of units of Regular (R) insulin will do the trick for me to keep it steady if I am not feeling the hunger to eat. Remember it varies for everyone, and while doing this, careful monitoring of your blood sugars should be done until you see what works for yourself and discussion with your doctor is recommended.

If you don't eat and give too much insulin, you are in danger of running low sugars. Low sugars is not a good thing. Keep control and live healthy!

Regards,
Michael Kralj
Get Cheap Domain Name Registration for your Diabetic Diet web site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Use of this web site is subject to the following terms and conditions. The content of this site is for informational purposes only and for Canadian residents. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician for any questions you may have. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this site.